From the 2013 Ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies
The stars of the 25th annual PROFIT 500 show how many different paths there are to hypergrowth
PROFIT 500 rankings tables
also available as EXCEL DOWNLOAD
Avigilon founder Alexander Fernandes reinvents the video surveillance business
At home and abroad, Toby Chu’s CIBT is feeding the developing world’s hunger for Western schooling. Now, he plans to turn Vancouver into a global education hub
On TV, he weighs others’ odds of success, but Robert Herjavec has made some dangerous mistakes in his own ventures. He doesn’t intend to repeat them
Realtors told Roy Almog it couldn’t be done, but he’s proving that a real-estate firm can offer full service at half the price—and be profitable. Just as consumers suspected!
Tips and Tactics
PROFIT 500 CEOs share their most effective sales strategies
Some PROFIT 500 CEOs are in the cloud; some are still just on the phone
PROFIT 500 CEOs spill their best employee retention strategies
PROFIT 500 CEOs on how they raised startup capital
The PROFIT 500 CEOs share business-building tips relevant to both up-and-comers and seasoned entrepreneurs
The unconventional way some PROFIT 500 CEOs launched their business
“When I launched my first business, I had two goals in mind: to survive, and to make the PROFIT  ranking.”
The Herjavec Group, Toronto
WHAT IS THE PROFIT 500?
To mark the 25th anniversary of the Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies program, we’re expanding to celebrate and reward 500 businesses–making the PROFIT 500 by far and away Canada’s largest annual celebration of entrepreneurial achievement. Ranking Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies by five-year revenue growth–nationally, regionally and by industry–the PROFIT 500 program gives entrepreneurs and their businesses the recognition they deserve for their achievements and contributions to Canada!
Your business is real contender if its sales have grown by just 50% or more over the past five years.
The PROFIT 500 isn’t just bigger, it’s better for your business:
- Additional rankings by industry and location
- Revenue will be published as a range* (e.g., $5-10 million)
- Profits will not be disclosed
- Bonus recognition for top 200 companies
* Upon request by private companies
The PROFIT 500 companies receive local and national media attention that can attract new customers, employees and investors. What’s more, it’s a great honour to say you’re in the top 500 of Canada’s more than 1 million companies. You’ll also receive:
- An invitation to the private PROFIT 500 CEO Summit, Canada’s most exclusive and enriching conference for entrepreneurial achievers
- Profile in the Summer 2013 issue of PROFIT Magazine and at PROFITguide.com
- Additional year-round publicity opportunities via PROFIT and PROFITguide.com
- Full use of PROFIT 500 logo, declaring your business is one of Canada’s best
- PR and marketing support from PROFIT
- Exclusive advertising rates in PROFIT media properties
- Discounted tickets to PROFIT events
IT’S EASY TO ENTER!
You’re a contender if your business has grown by just 50% or more over the past five years. Simply complete the short ballot to declare your candidacy, and we’ll get back to you for more information.
For sponsorship information, contact Pam.Chodda@rci.rogers.com
For editorial information on Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies, please contact PROFIT@PROFIT.rogers.com