When an employee quits, it's often to pursue a career growth opportunity or for a higher salary. Sometimes, though, it's because they don't like the carpet.
A new survey developed by administrative staffing firm OfficeTeam, shows that employees sometimes have bizarre or shortsighted reasons for leaving their jobs. With the economy gaining strength, small business owners can expect employees to be searching for new jobs. That means they may hear a few strange reasons for leaving in the coming months.
The excuses reported by the survey respondents included:
- "An employee wanted to enter a beauty contest"
- "A guy said he was making too much money and didn't feel he was worth it."
- "An individual did not like the sound of the file cabinets being slammed."
- "One person quit to watch a soccer tournament."
- "The employee quit because the office building was unattractive"